Barcelona Football Club finally agreed with Manchester City Football Club for signing their powerful midfielder, Bernardo Silva.
The news was confirmed by multiple reports on social media on Tuesday, August 9th, 2022. Barcelona is expected to pay a fee within the range of €50 million to €60 million to the Champions of the Premier League.
Barcelona’s President Joan Laporta had earlier confirmed that his club Is interested in signing the player but it was focusing on registering new players. Manchester City’s manager, Pep Guardiola has also said he wants the player to say back at the Etihad club. However, he said he won’t get in the way of Silva if he wants to leave the Manchester club.
If the deal for Silva comes through on all fronts this means that Frenkie de Jong might be on his way out of the Catalonia club. The Dutchman might be heading to Old Trafford or Chelsea before the end of this transfer window.
🚨🚨✅| JUST IN: Joan Laporta wants both Frenkie De Jong (with reduced salary) & Bernardo Silva in the squad next season.@gerardromero [🎖️]
— Managing Barça (@ManagingBarca) August 9, 2022